Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my new blog, Working Title Movies, a home for discussing and reviewing movies, both old and new. Each week, I'll post reviews of movies I am currently exploring and also share thoughts and analysis about select films. This is a pretty simple blog. I just like talking about movies. I do not want to go into deep analysis and write 18 pages regarding what was in Marcellus Wallace's briefcase or what Bill Murray said to Scarlett Johansson at the end of Lost in Translation.

I just like sharing ideas and thoughts regarding movies, and I think I know a good flick from a crappy one. And I know a lot hidden gems out there and would like to share them with you. So if you like movies, welcome. And if you do not like movies, I think I saw a nice blog down the way regarding kittens and yarn, and another blog over there about some dude's mission to eat at every waffle house in the USA.

I'll have different posts every week but they really break down into 3 things:

Reviews: I'll review a movie and then grade it. I'll be using the Entertainment Weekly grade of A-F. It's a little narrower in saying whether a movie is good or bad, unlike Ebert's 4 star reviews.

Hall of Fame: I'll induct a select movie into my personal Hall of Fame. It is only my opinion on what I think are super duper movies.

Essays: Thoughts and opinions on select movies, directors, Hollywood, etc.

I'll also have some poll questions and, who knows, maybe I can score an interview with Scorsese. He owes me one.

Comment all you want. If there is a movie you would like me to review let me know.

Peace.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment